The Marlowe re-opened in October 2011 after an extensive rebuild and has since become one of this country’s leading regional theatres and an influential creative voice in our region.
It was on St Margaret’s Street from 1920 to 1981, named the Marlowe from 1949, demolished to make way for the Marlowe Arcade shopping centre.
- Little Miss Sunshine, Arcola Theatre/Sellador Productions
- Jane Eyre, Bristol Old Vic Theatre Company and National Theatre
- Present Laughter
- Sleeping Beauty, Evolution Productions
- Peter Pan
- The Tempest, Chalkfoot Theatre Arts
- The Crucible, The Touring Consortium
- Gaslight, Channel Theatre Company
- The Ghost Train, Marlowe Theatre Co.
- Ring Round the Moon
- Mother Goose, The Marlowe Company
- Portrait of a Queen, The Marlowe Company
- Lady Windermere’s Fan, Canterbury Theatre Trust
- Brigadoon, Canterbury Theatre Trust
- Romanoff and Juliet, Canterbury Theatre Trust
- Tamburlaine, Canterbury Theatre Trust
- The Duchess of Malfi, Canterbury Theatre Trust
- The Knight of the Burning Pestle, Canterbury Theatre Trust
- Home and Beauty, Canterbury Theatre Trust
- The Friars, Canterbury, CT1 2AS
- A thrust theatre, seats 1200.
- Opened July 1984
- Official website
- Edit this place’s information
- Add a production here
- This is a duplicate of another place
- A–Z of all productions at this place