- Fingersmiths, Birmingham Repertory Theatre Studio
- shameless hussy productions, Dorothy Somerset Studio Theatre, Vancouver, Canada
- Highbury Theatre Centre, Sutton Coldfield
- Lace Market Theatre, Lace Market Theatre, Nottingham
- Various venues
- National Theatre, Cottesloe Theatre, National Theatre
- Birmingham Repertory Theatre
A play by Bryony Lavery
One evening ten-year-old Rhona goes missing.
Her mother, Nancy, retreats into a state of frozen hope. Agnetha, an American academic, comes to England to research a thesis: “Serial Killing—A Forgivable Act?” Then there’s Ralph, a loner who’s looking for some distraction. Drawn together by horrific circumstances, these three embark on a harrowing, strangely beautiful and cathartic journey. Angry, humane and compassionate, Frozen is an extraordinary play that entwines the lives of a murderer, the mother of one of his victims and his psychologist, to explore our capacity for forgiveness, remorse and change after an act that would seem to rule them out entirely.