Roger was born in Stroud in 1939, and educated at King’s School Gloucester, where he was a choral scholar. After taking a degree at St. David’s College Lampeter, he went to the Birmingham School of Speech and Drama, and thence to the Old Vic for its final season in 1962. He joined the Nottingham company for their first season at the new Playhouse, and met his future wife Sonia Woolley. After a short period at the Everyman Theatre Liverpool, he was appointed Associate Director at the Chester Playhouse. In September 1965 he won an ABC Trainee directorship to the Salisbury Playhouse, where he stayed for several years, before becoming Director of Productions at the Thorndike Theatre Leatherhead.
- Director, The Rivals, Leatherhead Repertory Co.
- Director, Loot, Thorndike Theatre
- Director, All My Sons
- Director, Candida, Thorndike Theatre
- Director, The Fighting Chance
- Director, Dead Ringer
- Director, Puss in Boots, Leatherhead Repertory Co.
- Director, Twelfth Night, Leatherhead Repertory Co.
- Director, Cider With Rosie, Salisbury Playhouse
- Director, An Inspector Calls, Salisbury Playhouse
- Date of birth:
- Edit this person
- Alert me to productions involving this person
- Add a new production involving this person
- This is a duplicate of another person
Added by Frank Ellis.