Heather C Liston’s profile
This user has not yet supplied any details.
Seen, or going to see
- Joined 10th September 2016.
- Last logged in on 29th January 2020.
Last five observations
- To production of A Doll's House, by Henrik Ibsen, Criterion Theatre, London, 20th February - ? 1973: “I remember it well. Claire Bloom was transcendant.”
- To National Theatre production of Macbeth, by William Shakespeare, Old Vic, London, 7th November 1972 - 1973: “It seems my first Lady Macbeth and her husband were Diana Rigg and Anthony Hopkins. The names would have meant nothing to me, and I eventually tossed out my collection of programs. I am happy to say that I found my ticket tonight, though (and posted it here). Exchange rates were not good that year, but I see now that the total cost (VAT included) was about a dollar and a quarter. Contrary to what the ticket says, my view was NOT impeded. For some reason I can’t quite remember, I was moved forward, to a seat in the middle of the orchestra, where I sat next to a British girl about my age. I was 11 and normally very shy, but that afternoon I was so excited to be at the theater that I agreed to be separated from my family and go sit with strangers. The girl told me she had been to America, because her father was the British ambassador to the U.S. In any case, I had a view I will never forget: Macbeth boring his eyes into the exact spot in the middle distance where he saw the ghost of Banquo. I practiced that for years afterward. ”
Last ten changes
The Stratford Festival production of Pericles, by William Shakespeare, Stratford, Ontario, 1973 - 1974
- Ray Cooney Productions and Volcano Productions production of Lloyd George Knew My Father, by William Douglas Home, Grand Theatre, Leeds, New Theatre, Oxford, and other locations, 13th June 1972 - 19th January 1974
- National Theatre production of Macbeth, by William Shakespeare, Old Vic, London, 7th November 1972 - 1973
- Royal Shakespeare Company production of Romeo and Juliet, by William Shakespeare, The Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Stratford-upon-Avon, 28th March 1973 (press night)
Sign in to say which productions you have seen, and more.