David Hargreaves’ profile
Born New Mills Derbyshire 2/2/40. Trained as a science teacher at City of Leeds Training College, and then studied Drama at Central school of Speech and Drama. Joined The RSC to play in the first Wars of the Roses cycle directed by Peter Hall and John Barton 1963/65. Played Hotsrur and Leontes in Joseph O’Connor’s Company at the Sunderlang Empire, before joining Olivier’s National Theatre, appearing in MUCH ADO, MOTHER COURAGE, THE CRUCIBLE, ROYAL HUNT OF THE SUN, LOVE FOR LOVE, OTHELLO, THE STORM, A FLEA IN HER EAR, ROSENCRANTZ AND GUILDENSTERN ARE DEAD After an extensive career in Repertory Theatre, Television and Radio, he returned to the RSC in 2004 in Peter Gill’s production of ROMEO AND JULIET playing Capulet and Gloster in Bill Alexander’s KING LEAR. Returned to RSC 2008/09 to play Baptista in TAMING OF THE SHREW directed by Conel Morrison and Man in THE CORDELIA DREAM by Marina Carr and directed by Selina Cartmell for the RSC at Wilton’s Music Hall. In 2005 he returned to The National Theatre in a co-production with the Royal Exchange Theatre to play Charlie in Simon Stevens ON THE SHORE OF THE WIDE WORLD directed by Sarah Francom. 2009 played Bunny in Richard Bean’s PUB QUIZ IS LIFE for Hull Truck directed by Gareth Tudor Price. 2010 Harry in INHERITANCE by Mike Packet for Live Theatre, Newcastle directed by Lisa Goldman. 2011/12 was at The Globe in Tony Harrison’s THE GLOBE MYSTERIES playing God in Deborah Bruce’s production and The. King of France/Num/Erpingham in Dominic Dromgoole’s production of HENRY V.
Seen, or going to see
- This user has not listed any production as yet.
- Joined 9th June 2015.
- Last logged in on 9th June 2015.
Last five observations
- To Leeds Playhouse production of It's A Mad House, Leeds Playhouse, started 1980: “Part played EDDIE Director MICHAEL ATTENBOROUGH”
Last ten changes
- production of A Passionate Woman, by Kay Mellor, West Yorkshire Playhouse, Leeds, 1992 - 1993
- Hull Truck Theatre Company production of Pub Quiz is Life, Hull Truck Theatre, started 2009
- North East Drama Festival production of A Winter's Tale, by William Shakespeare, Empire Theatre, Sunderland, started 1965
Henry IV Part 1
North East Drama Festival production of Henry IV Part 1, Empire Theatre, Sunderland, started 1965
- Michael Codron production of Not Now, Darling, by John Chapman and Ray Cooney, Strand Theatre, London (now Novello Theatre, London), Alexandra Theatre, Birmingham, and other locations, 15th April 1968 - January 1970
Forum Billingham Production production of Saint Joan, by George Bernard Shaw, Billingham Forum, started 1969
- Hornchurch Repertory Company production of The Recruiting Officer, by George Farquhar, Queen's Theatre, Hornchurch, started 1970
Bush Theatre production of Subjects for Interrogation/Agentic Shift, Bush Theatre, London, started 1972
Subjects for Interrogation/Agentic Shift
- The Half Moon Theatre London
Sign in to say which productions you have seen, and more.