A unique theatrical experience presented by Nottinghamshire County Council Leisure Services. Nottingham was fortunate enough to secure the only appearance of Fialka in Britain, prior to his invited performance at the Dublin Theatre Festival.
Cast & Crew
|General manager||Vladimir Vodicka|
|Technician||Zdenek Ing Pokorny|
|Wardrobe mistress||Eva Malkova|
|Wardrobe mistress||Jitka Zavetova|
- Added by Fiona McCluskey.
Dramatic variations on a profound and universal theme. The title in Czech expresses not only love, but kinds of love, directing the attention of the audience from the abstract to the concrete. The question mark after it provokes doubt from the very beginning as to whether this, or indeed any other mode of art, can successfully achieve a fulfilled definition of the subject.
The variations are nine short dramas:
1. Theme – the illusion of the stage, the reality of men’s dreams
2. Oh, faun – the illusion softly vanishes
3. Love is sacred! Girl, listens to the old woman
4. You brawling love! Amorous spitefulness
5. Death will drive you out, love
6. Lovers are fools
7. Love dies in friendship, friendship dies in love
8. Loves? It was my fate to love and leave
If you have an interesting observation or anecdote about this production that you think others may be interested in, please sign in in order to record it here.