The King’s opened in 1906 and is a much loved among Edinburgh’s residents. Originally built as a variety theatre, the King’s plays host to Festival drama productions.
* Four wheelchair spaces available in the stalls.
* Wheelchair access is at the side of the Theatre.
* Please notify staff at Box Office to gain entry.
* Sennheiser infra-red system available on request.
* Receivers for use either with or without a hearing aid are available and can be collected from the foyer.
* Unisex accessible adapted toilet on stalls level.
* Bars on all levels are only accessible by stairs. However, theatre staff are available to bring refreshments to those who require assistance. Please request this service prior to the start of the performance.
* Guide dogs and hearing dogs welcome.
* Staff available to assist.
- Captain Corelli’s Mandolin
- All Creatures Great and Small, Bill Kenwright Ltd
- Noises Off, The Old Vic Theatre Company
- Go Back for Murder, Agatha Christie Company and Bill Kenwright
- Funny Peculiar, Bill Kenwright Ltd
- Star Quality, Ian Fricker
- Journey’s End
- Robinson Crusoe
- Absurd Person Singular, Bill Kenwright Productions
- The Rise and Fall of Little Voice, RPM Arts/Michael Harrison
- She Stoops to Conquer, Birmingham Repertory Theatre Company and The Touring Consortium
- The History Boys, National Theatre
- Time and the Conways, Adam Kenwright and Theatre Royal Bath Productions
- The Ghost Train, Ian Dickens Productions
- Lady Windermere’s Fan, Royal Exchange Theatre Company
- Sleuth, Mobil Touring Theatre
- Popcorn, Phil McIntyre Promotions
- The Crucible, The Touring Consortium
- My Fat Friend, Windsor Theatre Company
- Mansfield Park, Chichester Festival Theatre
- The Shakespeare Revue, Edward Snape and Michael Codron
- …love, Julie, Michael Rose Ltd and Theatre Royal Windsor
- Rebecca, Paul Elliott
- Dancing at Lughnasa, Abbey Theatre, Dublin, Bill Kenwright, and Noel Pearson
- The Heiress, Churchill Theatre Company, Sethawk Ltd, and Windsor Theatre Company
- Iolanthe, D’Oyly Carte Opera Company
- Trial by Jury & HMS Pinafore, D’Oyly Carte Opera Company
- Last of the Red Hot Lovers, Ian Liston for Hiss and Boo Productions Ltd and Windsor Theatre Company
- Don’t Misunderstand Me, Permutt-Hadley Productions Ltd and Windsor Theatre Company
- Comic Cuts
- Barefoot in the Park, Mark Furness
- The Kingfisher, Geoffrey Rose & Charles Vance for Entertainment Investments Ltd
- Pygmalion, The Young Vic
- Happy Birthday, Portman Theatrical Productions
- Night and Day, Bill Kenwright Ltd
- La Traviata, Kent Opera
- The Late Edwina Black, David Gordon Productions
- Equus, Travelling Playhouse Ltd
- The Husband-in-Law, H M Tennent Ltd
- Pyjama Tops, Mark Furness and Planet Productions Ltd with Newpalm Productions
- The Dame of Sark, Ray Cooney Productions
- Boeing Boeing, Mansion Plays Ltd
- Murder at the Vicarage, Ray Cooney Productions and Scotia Theatrical Ltd
- A Bit Between the Teeth, Brian Rix Enterprises
- Two and Two Make Sex, Ray Cooney Productions Ltd
- The Sack Race, Ray Cooney Productions
- Sleuth, Michael White
- The Jockey Club Stakes, Henry Sherwood Prouctions Ltd and Peter Saunders
- The Chalk Garden, Paul Elliott and Duncan C Weldon for Triumph Theatre Productions
- No Sex, Please – We’re British, John Gale for Volcano Productions Ltd
- Edit this place’s information
- Add a production here
- This is a duplicate of another place
- A–Z of all productions at this place