After playing Hamlet in a student production Ian Flintoff was asked to play the lead in The Bad Samaritan, which opened in Dublin, and then played in Oxford. He has since worked extensively across the UK, with the Royal National Theatre (including tours to Dubrovnik, Hong Kong and Tokyo), also with The Royal Shakespeare Company, two years in the West End in ‘Son of Oblomov’ and also in the revival of ‘Dial M For Murder’ Henry V in Regent’s Park. His own plays have been performed in London, Oxford and Edinburgh, and he’s appeared in most television series including Coronation Street, Prime Suspect, Emmerdale, Never the Twain and many more
- Director, Not About Heroes
- Earl of Worcester/Lord Chief Justice / Earl of Worcester/Lord Chief Justice, Henry IV, Parts I & II, English Touring Theatre
- Trenchard Voysey, The Voysey Inheritance, National Theatre
- Marcellus, Hamlet, National Theatre
- The Amorous Prawn
- Sgt. Towers, See How They Run, Theatre Royal, York
- Morris Dancer / Secretary / Venturewell's Man / William Hammerton, The Knight of the Burning Pestle, Royal Shakespeare Company
- Neighbour / Suspicious Char., The Suicide, Royal Shakespeare Company
- Unnamed parts, Passion Play, Royal Shakespeare Company
- The Relapse, Gateway Theatre Co.
- Sweeney Todd, Chester Gateway Co.
- Bernardo/Soldier, Hamlet
- Stephano, The Merchant of Venice