Deborah McEwan is a female actor based in central Birmingham. She trained at Birmingham Theatre School as a mature student, and is predominantly experienced in the area of theatre performance, having undertaken a variety of theatrical styles including promenade musical theatre and surrealist drama.
Her recent film credits include Bollywood epic Yamla Pagla Deewana 2, British comedy The Hooligan Factory and she most recently appeared as Clytemnestra in an adaptation of Sophocles’ tragedy Electra.
She is experienced in theatre, film and voice-over work as well as rehearsed readings and workshops. She is continually inspired to embark upon new and challenging projects and is always interested to hear from people with projects of an interesting or unusual nature.
In a previous existence, Deborah studied microbiology and applied genetics at degree level, but that obviously didn’t work out and she has subsequently embarked on a much more sensible career in the performing arts.
- Clytemnestra, Electra, Jadis Shadows Productions
- Bottom, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Jadis Shadows Productions
- Margaret Beaufort, Now Is The Winter Of Our Discontent, Jadis Shadows Productions
- Countess Elizabeth Bathory, Elizabeth Bathory, Jadis Shadows Productions
- Mary Pritchard, The Long Road, Blank Canvas Theatre
- Moll's Mother, Dark Governess / Moll's Mother, Dark Governess, Moll Flanders, Jadis Shadows Productions
- Mortimer / Mortimer / Mortimer / Mortimer, Edward II, Jadis Shadows Productions
- Lady Fidget / Lady Fidget / Lady Fidget / Lady Fidget / Lady Fidget / Lady Fidget / Lady Fidget, The Country Wife
- Tiffany / Tiffany / Tiffany, Breakfast With Tiffany, He’s Spartacus
- Yelena Popova, The Bear, Rumchum Theatre Company