Maurice began his theatre career as an ASM at the old Victoria Theatre in Hartshill Stoke on Trent in 1983 when Peter Cheeseman was its Artistic Director. He moved to Derby Playhouse when the Vic closed in preparation to moving to the new purpose built theatre in the round at Stonyfields.
After Derby, he gained further experience at Birmingham Rep before moving to the Apollo Theatre in the West End. He then worked with touring opera companies and as Stage Manager at Liverpool Playhouse before becoming Company Manager at Theatr Clwyd. Whilst at Theatre Clwyd, Maurice appeared in minor roles in The Constant Wife and The Importance of Being Earnest.
Currently retired, but working as hard as ever….most recently as a volunteer with the New Vic Theatre Bordelines
- Bentley the butler / Bentley the butler, The Constant Wife, Theatr Clwyd Company
- Deputy Stage Manager, Charley’s Aunt, Birmingham Repertory Theatre
- DSM, Jeanne, Birmingham Repertory Co. in Association with Bill Kenwright
- Stage Manager Lighting, Sweet Bird of Card Street by Arthur Berry, Victoria Theatre Stoke-on-Trent
- ASM Sound, Aesop’s Fables, The Victoria Theatre Company
- ASM Sound, Song for a Dark Queen dramatised by Nigel Bryant, Victoria Theatre Stoke-on-Trent
- ASM, The Elephant Man, The Victoria Theatre Company