Matthew Hyslop was introduced to the theatrical world at a very young age. When he was only 7 he painted the benches for Scarborough Music Theatre’s production of My Fair Lady.
Now, at the age of 18, he is currently studying at Wexford Collegiate School for the Arts in Scarborough, Ontario. He is enrolled in the Theatre Production course with aspirations of going to Ryerson University for their Theatre Production program to further his love for theatre.
Currently, Matthew is very active in the Community Theatre scene in Toronto. Having recently won an ACTCO award for sound desgin, he hopes that he can build a portfolio to help launch his career in the professional theatre industry.
- Anthony Hope, Sweeney Todd, Scarborough Music Theatre
- Sound Designer/Operator, The Wizard of Oz, Scarborough Music Theatre
- Stage Manager / Lighting Designer/Operator, The Ashgirl, Wexford Performing Arts
- Lighting Designer, Bedtime Stories, Scarborough Players
- Sound Designer/Operator, Urinetown, The Musical, Stageworks Toronto
- Production Assistant / Live Camera Operator, Hairspray, Wexford Performing Arts
- Sound Design/Operation, Hello, Dolly!, Onstage Productions
- Sound Designer/Operator, Nunsense, Scarborough Music Theatre
- Sound Designer, Every Christmas Story Ever Told (And Then Some)!, Scarborough Players
- Benjamin/Butler, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Scarborough Music Theatre
- Apprentice Stage Manager / Mr. Johnson, Harvey, Scarborough Players
- Sound Designer / Sound Operator, Into The Woods, Stageworks Toronto
- Ensemble, Evita, Wexford Performing Arts
- Sound Operator / Sound Designer, Guys and Dolls, Scarborough Music Theatre
- Sound Designer / Sound Operator, Annie, Scarborough Music Theatre
- Assistant Stage Manager, Metamorphorically Speakin’, Vallinovations
- Ensemble, Rent, Wexford Performing Arts
- Lighting Operator, The Rainmaker, Scarborough Players
- Young Cain, Children of Eden, Scarbrough Music Theatre
- Lighting Operator / Backstage Crew, The Uninvited, Scarborough Theatre Guild