Anna was born in Simla, India, to a Portuguese diplomat and Scottish mother.
She moved to England for her education, training at Rose Bruford.
She started her career in 1970, performing in more than 35 shows in weekly repertory at a theatre in Worcester.
She made her London debut playing Magenta in the hit musical The Rocky Horror Show with creator Richard O’Brien in 1973 and then moved on to successful musical Hair!.
In 1976 she played the roles of Pier Angeli, Natalie Wood and Elizabeth Taylor in the new musical Dean at the Prince Edward Theatre, and of Anne Parker in Seduced at the Young Vic Theatre.Memorable too was her performance as the Acid Queen in the hit musical Tommy, written by The Who and Maria in Lend Me A Tenor at the Globe Theatre (now the Gielgud), Conchita Alvarez in Copacabana, Solange in Follies at the Royal Festival Hall, Madame DuBonnet in The Boyfriend musical at the Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre, and she was greatly praised for her Gertrude in Hamlet.
- Josephine La Rose, Boy Meets Boy, Jermyn Street Theatre
- Solonge La Fitte, Follies, Raymond Gubbay and the Royal Festival Hall
- Countess Charlotte Malcolm, A Little Night Music, Leicester Haymarket Theatre
- Courtesan, The Boys from Syracuse, New Shakespeare Company
- Hippolyta, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, New Shakespeare Company
- Maria, Lend Me a Tenor, Really Useful Theatre Company Ltd
- Acid Queen, Tommy
- Evie, Anya, Lise, Ginnie, Stop the World I Want to Get Off, Queens Theatre
- Anna, Bloody Neighbours, National Theatre
- Magenta / Usherette, The Rocky Horror Show
- Miss Manning, The Patrick Pearse Motel, Worcester Repertory Company
- Liz, Saved, Worcester Repertory Company
- Company Member, Turn Your Own Sod, a gardening revue, Worcester Repertory Company
- Masha, The Seagull, Worcester Repertory Company
- Cynthia, The Real Inspector Hound, Worcester Repertory Company
- Claire, After Haggerty, Worcester Repertory Company
- Jean Rice, The Entertainer, Worcester Repertory Company
- Three-Headed Knowall/Mother Penguin, Flibberty and the Penguin, Worcester Repertory Company
- Bella Manningham, Gaslight, Worcester Repertory Company
- Mrs Squeezum, Lock Up Your Daughters, Worcester Repertory Company
- Liz Essendine, Present Laughter, Worcester Repertory Company
- Violet Fitton, All in Good Time, Worcester Repertory Company
- His Wife, The Unknown Soldier and his Wife, Worcester Repertory Company
- Raina Petkoff, Arms and the Man, Worcester Repertory Company
- Dead Centre of the Midlands, by various authors, Worcester Repertory Company
- Date of birth:
If you have a photograph of this person, please sign in to upload it, or add it to Flickr and tag it with .