The Marlowe Society Cambridge
- Hatch, ADC Theatre, Cambridge.
- Pride and Prejudice, The Arts Theatre Cambridge.
- Romeo and Juliet, The Cambridge Arts Theatre.
- Measure for Measure, The Cambridge Arts Theatre.
- The Seagull, The Arts Theatre Cambridge.
- The Family Reunion, The Scala Theatre.
- Romeo and Juliet, Phoenix Theatre, London and The Scala Theatre.
- Doctor Faustus, The Arts Theatre Cambridge.
- The Two Gentlemen of Verona, The Arts Theatre Cambridge.
- The Tempest or The Enchanted Island, The Arts Theatre Cambridge.
The Marlowe is one of Cambridge’s oldest student drama societies, and is dedicated to high-quality performances of Elizabethan, verse, and non-realist plays including classics and plays rarely seen on the professional stage. Its alumni include Rupert Brooke, Trevor Nunn, Ian McKellen, Derek Jacobi, Corin Redgrave, Sam Mendes, Rachel Weisz and many others.
We present an annual production in the Cambridge Arts Theatre, with a professional Director and Design team and student casts and production crews. We also put on the other performances, talks, workshops and events throughout the year.
The Marlowe also strongly promotes new student play writing, annually awarding the Marlowe/RSC Other Prize, and running a writers’ group. The society prides itself on being welcoming and innovative, and linking the thriving world of Cambridge drama to the professional theatrical scene.